What doesn't kill you...

The Elders
©2017 Copyright, Joseph A. Wraith
 
  I believe in learning as I work, I do it all the time, it's how I get most things accomplished.  If I have never done it before than it automatically becomes a self-tutorial. I love working Zbrush, C4d and After Effects, along with Element 3d. These are mostly my production pipeline.
  The above image was created in multiple programs.  The Alien Grey Skulls were created in Zbrush and painted using Zbrush's Polypaint.  Then I exported them and the texture and imported it into After Effects using Video Copilot's Element 3d.  The Skull was multiplied by 3 and 3d rocks were added and then textured. I then added a few image treatments to get it to look aged.  Then rendered it to Photoshop and created the antique edged photo frame.

Probably took about 3-4 hours with the Zbrush Sculpt time.

What did I learn?
I learned that every time I work in Element 3d I love it more.
It's extremely easy to use (once you get the hang of all the controls it has).  Plus, it's super fast, usually what you see is what you get. Unlike Cinema 4d which you actually have to render to see the final product.

I love being able to see the renders instantly while I'm working on the image, it's a great thing!

So never let any program get the best of you, it's there to help you work faster and easier, usually.
Unless it's Maya, that 3d program is totally meant to stress you out and kill you.

JW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Monsterling art...

What's going on Underneath...

Changing the Channel...